Thursday, April 9, 2020

CERT vs. COVID-19

I didn't think I had the bandwidth to squeeze anything else on my plate in 2010.

Then I heard about and decided I  *HAD TO*  go thru 40 hours of training to become a CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) for our town, basically because I feared my family would be left "out of the loop" in the aftermath of a major quake or other disaster.

CERTS learn where the government stores supplies, among other useful poop, and in the years hence, my wife has occasionally teased me about how my "over-preparedness" has resulted in trunk space in each car being taken up by "go kits", etc.

However, it was SHE this week who SCREAMED at me while we were on a leisurely walk around the local community college, when I took a shortcut and came within 100 feet of an empty bus stop. 

Let me say that again, only more succinctly. 

My wife SCREAMED AT ME, IN PUBLIC, for walking past an empty bus stop.

She thought there might be virus droplets in the air near it.

So I understand. Peeps be going crazy, and I'm married to an actual crazy person, but I have been crazier longer. 

If you think you're prepared enough for an unforeseen or other type of disaster, take the quiz I put on my website over a decade ago:  http://harebrained.com/news5.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment